The King Abdullah University of Science & Technology (KAUST) offers a fully-funded summer internship program 2021-2022 for international students and the online applications are now being accepted. Following are the details of the internship program:
To get the most of your VSRP experience, it is best to start planning as early as possible. Application deadlines are generally 9-6 months before departure dates.
If a project interests you, please feel free to contact the faculty member directly to learn more about their expectations and share more about your research background.
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is at the forefront of research, influencing the global research agenda. It’s dedicated to advancing innovation through science, technology, and engineering via interdisciplinary research and education models. At KAUST, students, faculty, scientists, and engineers conduct curiosity-driven and goal-oriented research.
Coverage of KAUST internship 2021
- 130 intern positions
- Access to Core laboratories and major research and community facilities
- USD$1000 Monthly Stipend
- Social And Cultural Activities
- Visa And Airfare Fees
- Health Insurance
- Private Bedroom and Bathroom
Duration of KAUST internship 2021
The length of the program ranges anywhere between 3- to 6-months, depending on the type of research. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Eligibility for KAUST internship 2021
- 3rd Year and above Baccalaureate or Masters Students. Current Ph.D. candidates, KAUST students, or KAUST alumni are ineligible to apply
- GPA 3.5/4 or 14/20 (ECTS B)
- Strong verbal and written English Skills
Recommended levels, minimum TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT (Internet Based Test) or 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
Requirements for KAUST internship 2021
What happens after you’ve applied?
- Once all requirements have been submitted, your complete application will be reviewed and you may be contacted by the faculty member for a Skype interview to discuss your academic, your research background and to learn more about your interest in the internship.
- If you are selected to move forward, you will receive an invitation to schedule a Skype interview with the Office of Admissions, where we will discuss any questions you may have about life at KAUST and hear more about you.
- If you are approved, you will receive an email acceptance letter following the interview.
- Finally, a travel advisor will get in touch with you to help make a smooth relocation to the KAUST campus.
Search More Scholarships!