Engineering Practicum (EP) is an internship for second-year undergraduate students with a passion for computer science. The program has a focus on providing development opportunities to students from historically underrepresented groups in tech through technical training, software engineering project work, and professional development.
Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our search engine and tools serve. We believe that, in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. Google is invested in increasing the pipeline of future computer scientists and software developers, particularly those who are historically underrepresented in the field. Many aspiring computer scientists could benefit from a program that bridges the gap between academic study and a professional internship. We want to inspire these students to continue in the field with this program.
With this in mind, Google announces that the 2019 Engineering Practicum internship program will now be open to university students currently in their second year, majoring, or intending to major in Computer Science or a related field. This program includes three main components: a software project, skills-based training and professional development.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
Google Internship Includes:
This summer internship program includes:
- Software Project: A three-month development project that you will work on with a team of Googlers and other Engineering Practicum interns.
- Skills-Based Training: Enhance your coding skills. Gain exposure to new tools and programming languages.
- Professional Development: Attend ongoing technical talks by senior Googlers. Additionally, learn how to enhance your resume, dive into technical interviews and improve your presentation and communication skills.
- Mentorship: Be matched with a Google engineer, other than your manager, who will help to guide you through your internship experience.
- Fun: Engage in social activities, community building and networking. Build relationships with your peers.
- Exposure: Gain a unique glimpse into applying your computer science studies in a professional environment.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
Google Internship Requirements
- Programming experience in Java, Python, C, or C++.
- Currently enrolled in a 4 year BA/BS program, majoring in Computer Science or similar technical field of study (e.g., engineering, mathematics, information technology) at a university.
- Currently in second year of degree program.
Google Internship deadline
The deadline for google internship application is 1st of Apr, 2019 (we will postpone or close the application in advance according to the application status).
Google will review applications on a rolling basis and it’s in your best interests to apply early. Thank you for your patience while we consider your application.