Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) CSC Scholarship 2020-2021 is now open for all international students and the deadline to submit the application is December 25, 2019.
Coverage of Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) CSC Scholarship
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, and accommodation fee;
- 800 RMB per year for Comprehensive Medical Insurance;
- Monthly stipend is granted to the students at the following rates:
Master’s degree candidate: 3,000 RMB/month
Doctoral degree candidate: 3,500 RMB/month
New students who register on or before the 15th will receive a full stipend of that month; those who register after 15th will receive a half stipend of that month.
HIT CSC Scholarship Eligibility
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationality in good health.
- International students out of China or former graduates of Chinese universities.
- Educational background required and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35; Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Excellent performance in study.
- Applicants should have good ability in scientific research.
Note: The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship.
How to apply for HIT CSC Scholarship 2020?
The applicants need to provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate) and pay for the material assessment fee.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in duplicate).
The CSC Online Application System is available at: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ .
Scholarship type: B
- Highest full-time study diploma (original notarized document in English or Chinese).
Note: If applicants are university students, they should provide the original notarized pre-graduation certificate in English or Chinese.
Notarization must be carried out through formal institution, the signature or seal from school or working unit does not have the effect of notarization.
- Transcripts (It is not required to be notarized, but must be signed and sealed from school. The transcripts in other languages must be translated in English or Chinese with notarization).
- A study plan or research plan (no less than 800 words in English or Chinese). The format can be downloaded from the official website: http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/en/academic/program/view?id=17.
- Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors in English or Chinese.
- Passport copy (Valid for one year at least).
- Motivation Letter for Scholarship
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
Note: The form is printed by the Chinese Health and Quarantine Department and is restricted to those who study in China for more than 6 months. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (website: http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/en/academic/program/view?id=17). Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination result is generally valid for 6 months.
- Bank Receipt of Material Assessment Fee: 60 USD or 400 RMB
Applicants should post the paper application materials with a copy of the remittance receipt. Paper materials and material assessment fees are non-refundable.
Bank Name: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Harbin, Da Zhi Branch
Bank Address: 318 East Dazhi Street, Harbin, People’s Republic of China
Name: Harbin Institute of Technology
Account Number: 3500040109008900513
- Language proficiency certificate
Chinese medium courses: report of HSK4 or above (score: 210 or above, valid for two years), English level certificate.
- English medium courses:
IELTS (5.5 or above) or TOEFL (80 or above) report (valid for two years)；Or English proficiency certificate provided by previous academic institutions
- Certificate of No Criminal Record
- Acceptance letter( not a must)
Applicants are encouraged to contact the professors prior to application and enclose the acceptance letter from supervisors of HIT.
Harbin Institute of Technology Faculty Email address | Department Websites
Please visit the CIE website at http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/en/academic/program/view?id=17 for more details.
Please visit the website at http://www.hit.edu.cn/251/list.htm for faculty information.
Please visit the website at http://homepage.hit.edu.cn for supervisor information.
HIT CSC Scholarship Application duration and Deadline
Applicants should post their application materials in time to the College of International Education (hereinafter referred to as CIE) of HIT from October 15 to December 25, 2019.
Note: The application date is defined as the date on which the HIT office receives the paper application materials.
About Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT)
Founded in 1920, Harbin Institute of Technology has developed into an open, multidisciplinary, research-oriented, leading national university with science and engineering as its core, encompassing management, liberal arts, economy and law as a whole. After nearly 100 years of development, HIT has formed a pattern of “One University, Three Campuses (Harbin/Weihai/Shenzhen)”. HIT is a founding member of the C9 League and an official alliance initiated by the Chinese government with nine top universities in Mainland China. In the US News ranking for the Best Global Universities for Engineering, HIT ranked No.2 in China and No.6 globally.
For international students out of China, only those who want to study a master’s or Ph.D. degree can apply for the HIT Independent Recruitment Program. HIT Independent Recruitment Program covers tuition fees, accommodation fees, stipend, and insurance fees. It is one of the programs of Chinese Government Scholarship (hereinafter referred to as CSC scholarship) and assigned from the Ministry of Education (hereinafter referred to as MOE) to the university to recruit outstanding international students. Applicants need to submit the application materials according to school requirements. HIT will select the best applicants and recommend to the China Scholarship Council.