The Deanship of Graduate Studies at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) is pleased to announce that KFUPM provides full MS and Ph.D. scholarships for distinguished graduate applicants who demonstrate high potential for conducting original research in the fields of Engineering, Sciences, and Business. The online application portal is open twice every academic year. All interested and eligible, local and international candidates are invited to apply according to the deadlines available.
Eligibility Criteria for KFUPM Scholarship
For Master: A four-year Bachelor’s Degree required.
For Ph.D.: An M.S. degree in engineering or science required.
A minimum GPA of 3.00 on a scale of 4.00.
Basic application requirements for Master Programs in Science and Engineering:
A four-year Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or science from a recognized institution with a major in the proposed field or evidence of suitable background for entering the proposed field. A Grade-Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 or higher on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent, and a GPA of 3.00 in the subject of the major field.
Basic application requirement for Ph.D. Programs:
An M.S. degree in engineering or science (after a four-year B.S. degree) from an institution whose graduate programs are equivalent to those of KFUPM, with a major in the proposed field or evidence of suitable background for entering the proposed field. A minimum GPA of 3.00 on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent in both B.S. and M.S. degrees.
Basic application requirement for M.B.A.:
A four-year Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution. A Grade-Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 or higher on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent. At least one course in college-level calculus which covers both differentiation and integration. Working knowledge of computers as evidenced by at least one course in that area (e.g. data processing, programming, information systems, etc.)
At least one year of full-time work experience. This requirement may be waived for graduate assistants, research assistants, and applicants with exceptional academic records.
Degree Courses available under KFUPM Scholarship
Following Fields are Available for this Scholarship:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Statistics
- Architectural Engineering
- Business Administration.
- Chemical Engineering.
- City & Regional Planning
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Networks
- Computer Science
- Construction Engineering & Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Information Assurance & Security
- Life Sciences
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Systems & Control Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
Documents required for King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals Scholarships
Mandatory documents for an application (without which application will not be processed
- Copy of identification (Passport for international applicants / National ID for Saudi nationals / Iqama for residents of Saudi Arabia).
- Complete official transcripts for BS degree (and MS degree if applying to PhD).
- Statement-of-Purpose (a one-page essay focusing on career and research goals at KFUPM).
- Recommendation Letters from academic referees through the online recommendation system after submitting the online application.
- Certificates for BS degree (and MS degree if applying to PhD) if degrees granted.
- GMAT score (for international MBA applicants).
Other supporting documents (needed for a final decision)
- TOEFL score (min. is 68 iBT for MS and 79 iBT for PhD) or IELTS score (min. is 6 for MS and 6.5 for PhD).
- Acceptable GRE General score (min. Quant. is 156, min. Analytical Writing is 4.0).
- Upon approval, original/certified copies of degree certificate(s) and transcript(s) are to be sent through postal mail.