International students can apply to study at the Russian Government Scholarship 2021 for free through full-tuition scholarships. This merit-based scholarship will completely waive all tuition fees for selected full-degree programmes at the Russian Government Scholarship.
If the application is considered to be outstanding by the application committee, the applicant will be recommended for a scholarship. Winners of various student competitions may also receive full-tuition scholarships.
Please note that scholarships cover only the cost of tuition and that all other costs (including accommodation at Russian University dormitories) must be covered by the student. Information about the estimated cost of living can be found on the official portal.
Russian Government Scholarship also offers a wide range of tuition fee scholarships to international applicants who are not eligible for Russian scholarships.
Full-tuition scholarships are available for the following programs:
- Applied and Interdisciplinary History: Usable Pasts
- Applied Economics
- Applied Social Psychology
- Big Data Systems
- Business and Politics in Modern Asia
- Cognitive Sciences and Technologies: From Neuron to Cognition
- Comparative Politics of Eurasia
- Comparative Social Research
- Data Science
- Economics: Research Programme
- Financial Economics
- Governance of Science, Technology, and Innovation
- Linguistic Theory and Language Description
- Management and Analytics for Business
- Political Analysis and Public Policy
- Politics. Economics. Philosophy
- Population and Development
- Socioeconomic and Political Development of Modern Asia
- Statistical Learning Theory
- Strategic Corporate Finance
- System and Software Engineering
Russian Government Scholarship Benefits
Fully Tuition fee waiver will be provided to Russian Government Scholarship Winners
Russian Government Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Scholarships do not apply to master’s degree programs that do not have budget places.
- The size of the Russian Government Scholarship offered to international students shall be fixed and granted to foreign nationals for the entire duration of their studies. However, each year it will be necessary to confirm this with good academic performance.
- This means that a recipient should meet the following requirements:
- Not be subject to disciplinary action in the form of reprimand
- Upon completion of each and any interim assessment (before retakes), he/she should have no more than two grades lower than 6 (on a 10-point grading scale)
- Not miss any assessments for no valid reason.
Please note that a foreign national may be granted only one scholarship at a time. Should a foreign national be eligible for more than one scholarship from the table, he/she may select only one scholarship at his/her own discretion.
How to Apply for the Russian Government Scholarship?
Step 1: Choose Programmes
You can familiarize yourself with all of Russian Government Scholarship graduate programs (both English- and Russian-taught) in the program catalog. It’s easy because it lists all master’s programs, which can be presented by Russian University campus, fields of study, the language of instruction, etc.
Once you have decided while programs you wish to apply to, you can move on to STEP 2
Step 2: Submit an application form
Step 3: Application Evaluation
Step 4: Prepare your documents
Step 5: Enrolment