Tokyo Institute of Technology MEXT Scholarship 2020 offers varied programs for international students. This program allows students to acquire a master’s or doctoral degree with courses in English.
International students with outstanding academic records are eligible to apply for a Tokyo Institute of Technology MEXT Scholarship 2020 from Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT).
Fully-Funded Tokyo Institute of Technology MEXT Scholarship 2020 offers the Master’s Program, Integrated Doctoral Education Program, and Doctoral Programme
The International Graduate Program offers a choice of seven English-language based curricular programs related to the 17 departments of Tokyo Tech and enables students to obtain a Master’s or Doctoral degree. There are three types of programs: Integrated Doctoral Education Program, Master’s Program and Doctoral Program. Some curricular programs are set up as an Integrated Doctoral Education Program, designed to combine the Master’s Program and Doctoral Program so that graduate students can obtain both degrees within three to five years.
Financial Coverage of Tokyo Institute of Technology MEXT Scholarship 2020
- It provides round-trip airfare to Japan
- Monthly Stipend of JPY 147,000 for Master’s Program students
- Monthly Stipend of JPY 148,000 for Doctoral Program students.
- Successful MEXT Scholarship 2020 Students are not required to pay application, admission or tuition fees.
Also, Apply for Fully-Funded Scholarships in Belgium 2020
Graduate Programmes Offered by Tokyo Institute of Technology MEXT Scholarship 2020
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Transdisciplinary Science and Engineering
- Architecture and Building Engineering
- Computer Science
- Life Science and Technology
- Chemical Science and Engineering
- Mathematical and Computing Science
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Economics
- Information and Communications Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Systems and Control Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Earth and Planetary Sciences
Eligibility of Tokyo Institute of Technology MEXT Scholarship 2020
- Applicants with Japanese nationality are not eligible unless they are dual nationals of Japan and another country and reside outside of Japan at the time of application.
- Applicants must have been born on or after April 2, 1985.
- Applicants must have demonstrated excellent academic achievement with a grade point average of 2.30 (out of 3.00) or above in the last two academic years
- Applicants should apply for the field they studied at the previous university or its related field.
- Applicants must be proficient in English or Japanese language
- Applicants must be physically and mentally able to pursue studies in Japan.
- Applicants must be able to leave for and arrive in Japan within two weeks before the date of the beginning of the third quarter in September 2020.
- Before arriving in Japan, those selected to receive the MEXT Scholarship must acquire Student visas that are valid as of the date of the beginning of the third quarter in September 2020.
Ineligibility of Tokyo Institute of Technology MEXT Scholarship 2020
- Those who are not able to arrive in Japan during the period designated by the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2020 and Tokyo
- Those who are military personnel or military civilian employees at the time of their arrival in Japan or during the scholarship period
- Those who previously received a Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship.
- Those who apply for this scholarship through other universities or apply for other scholarships from MEXT that overlap with this scholarship
- Those who are already, or going to be, enrolled in a university or institution in Japan with a visa status of Student as a privately-financed international student before the scholarship period starts. This condition does not apply to those who are going to complete their study, return to their home country, and newly acquire a Student visa before the scholarship period starts
- Those who are intending to receive a scholarship from an institution other than MEXT (e.g., JASSO or government of their home country) that overlaps with this scholarship.
- Those who do not meet the academic background qualifications by the date required by their program
- Those who hold dual nationality of Japan and another country at the time of application and cannot verify that they have given up Japanese nationality by the date of their arrival in Japan
- Those who have already obtained a doctoral degree and do not plan to pursue a degree
- Those who are expecting to conduct long-term research activities outside Japan or take an extended leave of absence
Documents Required of Tokyo Institute of Technology MEXT Scholarship 2020
- Application Form:- Click Here to Check
- Field of Study and Study Program:- Click Here To Check
- Academic Transcripts ( Certified or original copy)
- Summary of Research or Thesis
- Recommendation Letter
- English Proficiency Test Score Report
- Applicant’s Passport
Deadline of Tokyo Institute of Technology MEXT Scholarship 2020
The completed application documents must reach the Admissions Division no later than 10th December 2019 by registered mail, courier service or a similar service.
- Mailing Address:
Student Service Department
TOKYO INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
West Bldg. 8E 212, 2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-Ku, Tokyo 152-8550 JAPAN