Do you have ambition, leadership experience and a strong professional background? You could study for a master’s degree in Sweden on a fully-funded Swedish Institute scholarship. Find out if you can apply.
We grant scholarships to a large number of master’s programmes starting in the autumn semester 2021. Check the list of master’s programmes that are eligible for SI Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) for the academic year 2020/2021.
- To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2019 – 15 January 2021.
- Apply for an SI scholarship between 10-20 February 2021, follow the instructions below.
An estimated 300 scholarships will be available for full-time master’s degree studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2020.
The competition for SI scholarships is very high. Usually, 2-6 % of the applicants are awarded a SISGP scholarship. We recommend that you also look for other scholarship opportunities from your government, from organisations in your country, or from Swedish universities.
Swedish Scholarship Benefits
- Tuition fees: pay directly to the Swedish university by SI
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 *
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
* The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire study period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
The scholarship does not cover:
- Additional grants for family members
- Application fee to University Admissions
Swedish Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
You should only submit the required documents listed below in your online scholarship application. We will not consider any other documents than the required ones. You must complete your application in English. Use our forms and templates provided below and complete them according to the instructions both below and in the forms, or else your applications will be disqualified. Kindly note the length limitation for your answers and the documents.
- A motivation letter: you must use the SISGP form for motivation letter 2020/2021. You need to fill in and upload the motivation letter as a PDF-file on the application portal during the application period.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV): you must use the SISGP form for CV 2020/2021 and the CV should not exceed three pages. It’s up to you to decide which parts are relevant for your application. Additional pages will not be considered.
- Two different letters of reference: you must use the SISGP form for letter of reference 2020/2021. At least one letter of reference must be based on your work experience. It will be a merit if the second letter of reference is based on your involvement in networks or civil society organizations outside of your regular work. The letters should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organization or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed and stamped; and then be uploaded as one PDF-file. You can find more information in the instruction in the form and in our FAQ.
- Proof of work and leadership experience: you must use the SISGP form for proof of work and leadership experience 2020/2021. The work and leadership form should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organization or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed and stamped; and then be uploaded as one PDF-file. You can find more information in the instruction in the form and in our FAQ.
- A copy of your passport: your personal data including name, citizenship and photograph must be shown clearly. Copy of passport should be included together with the CV as a last fourth page. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a copy of your valid passport to include.
How to apply for SISGP Scholarship in Sweden?
A complete application must consist of:
- a completed motivation letter
- a CV
- two valid and completed letters of reference
- valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- a copy of your valid passport
If your application is missing one of the required documents above, it will be disqualified.
The application period for SI scholarships for master’s studies starting in the autumn semester 2020 is 10-20 February 2020. You are suggested to also look for other scholarship opportunities at www.studyinsweden.se.