National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) Scholarships, Taiwan has invited applications for admission Graduate, Masters and PhD programs. All Internationals who never had a citizenship of the Republic of China (R.O.C) are qualified to apply for admission to National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) scholarships, as an international student.
What are the benefits of National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) Scholarships for International Students?
Scholarships for pursuing Graduate, Masters and PhD programme.
- a stipend of NT$ 10,000/month for PhD students
- a stipend of NT$ 5,000/month for Master students
- Tuition and Credit is Waiver
Are you Eligible to apply for National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) Scholarships for International Students?
Before you apply for National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) scholarships, make sure that you must meet all the requisites of admission and scholarship award mentioned by the nominating institution.
Applicants that do not meet all the eligibility criteria of National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) scholarships, will not be accepted.
- An individual of foreign nationality, who has never held citizenship of Republic of China (R.O.C.) and who does not possess an Overseas Chinese student status at the time of its application is eligible to apply.
- An applicant of foreign nationality, concurrently holding a permanent residence status in Hong Kong or Macao, having no history of a household registration record in Taiwan and, at the time of application, who has resided in Hong Kong, Macao, or another foreign country continuously for no less than 6 years, is eligible for admission. The term “reside overseas continuously” mentioned in the preceding paragraph means that an individual may have stayed in Taiwan previously for no more than a total of 120 days per the calendar year.
- An individual who is also a citizen of the R.O.C., but does not hold nor has had a household registration in Taiwan is eligible to apply for admission.
- Applicants with a bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply for the master’s programs; applicants with a master’s degree are eligible to apply for the doctoral programs.
How to apply for National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) Scholarships for International Students?
The step by step procedure to apply for the National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) scholarships is given below:
- Go to National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) scholarships, International Student Online Application System
- Create Your Account: Create a Login ID (email account) and PIN (Personal Identification Number) to set up an account. Once you have an ID and a PIN, please click “Send.” The system will create an account for you. You cannot begin applying without first setting up your account. A valid email is required to continue the process, as this will be our primary means of communication with you. If you do not have a valid email account, please create one before proceeding
- Fill in the Application Information: The application has six sections, which are Applicant Information, Family Information, Education Background, Referee Information, Language Background, and Other Information. When finished with each section, please click Next to proceed.
- Confirmation: Once you have completed all the required information, the system will take you to a Confirmation Page. Please review each section to ensure that all the information is correct and then click “Confirm”.
- Print: Print all the required forms from the online system.
- Upload all the required documents: The applicant must prepare and upload all application requirements listed on the checklist.
- Submit your application: The applicant must click “Submit” to complete the application.
- Track Your Application: After submitting, the applicant can track the application status using the National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) scholarships, online system.
What Documents required to apply for National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) Scholarships for International Students?
- The online application form
The applicant must complete the application form through the National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) scholarships, online application system.
- One copy of your degree/diploma
- Applicants for Bachelor programs: high school diploma
- Applicants for Master programs: bachelor degree’s diploma
- Applicants for the Ph.D. programs: master degree’s diploma
- One copy of your official transcript(s)
- Applicants for Bachelor programs: transcripts of the high school diploma
- Applicants for Master programs: transcripts of the bachelor degree
- Applicants for the Ph.D. programs: transcripts of the master degree
- Statement of purpose
Please write a brief statement of purpose with a minimum of one page and no more than three pages in the statement of purpose, applicants are encouraged to provide their motivation for choosing National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) scholarships, and the specific department/program.
- Two recommendation letters
Complete the information for two recommenders on the online application form. Preferably, recommenders are teachers who can evaluate your academic qualifications and research potential. Once the application form is submitted, the online system will send out the recommendation notice to your recommenders. Please ensure that your recommenders complete your recommendations before the application deadline.
- Financial certificate
All applicants are required to provide either an official bank statement (TWD 120,000 or USD 4,000) or proof of scholarship that shows their financial sustainability for study in Taiwan. The bank statement(s) should be dated within the last 3 months from a financial institution. If the currency is not in TWD or USD, please note the exchange rate and conversion of the total amount in TWD or USD.
- Verification of nationality
Provide verification of your nationality or a copy of your passport
- Program-specific requirements
Please check the application instructions for program specific requirements and submit them.
Deadline for National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) Scholarships for International Students?
The deadline for application submission is October 2018 forNational Tsing Hua University (NTHU) scholarships, Graduate, Master and PhD Programme. As per notice of you can apply online. Please note that late or incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Further information on the National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) Scholarships for International Students
National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) scholarships, Graduate, Master and PhD Programme is now open for all international students, so now, you have the opportunity to apply for National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) scholarships.