The Skoll Scholarship for MBA 2020 provides full funding plus a living stipend to complete an MBA at the University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School for social entrepreneurs worldwide.
Why be a Skoll Scholar?
There are many benefits to being a Skoll Scholar; being part of a global community of change leaders as well as studying your MBA in one of the most prestigious institutions in the world.
Skoll Scholarship for MBA 2020 In UK
The Skoll Scholarship for MBA is a competitive scholarship for incoming MBA students to Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, who pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges.
The Skoll Scholarship provides funding for entrepreneurs who have set up or have been working in entrepreneurial initiatives with a social purpose or who have pursued an impact career, and who wish to improve their knowledge of market-oriented practices so they can be more effective in their subsequent social change pursuits
Benefits of The Skoll Scholarship for MBA 2020 IN UK
The Skoll Scholarship for MBA 2020 is Fully Funded by the Skoll Foundation. Applicants from all over the world can apply to this fully funded Skoll Scholarship for MBA 2020 programme in the United Kingdom.
- It covers the Full Tuition Fee for the MBA Programme
- Living expenses of at least an additional £14,985.
- In addition to financial help, the Skoll Scholarship for MBA provides access to the Skoll Scholar community, a group of leaders who are positively impacting the world through innovation and systems changes
Eligibility of The Skoll Scholarship for MBA 2020 In UK
You need to fulfill the following criteria to apply for the Skoll Scholarship for MBA 2020
1. Entrepreneurial action
- You have identified opportunities and taken action in order to make a positive social impact
- You have spent preferably at least 3 years driving change through entrepreneurial approaches. For example, you could have:
- Started or grown a social venture
- OR created and led the expansion of a social impact initiative within an organization
- OR been tackling a specific social/environmental issue, through a core thread that unites your work
2. Creating Impact with a focus on systems change
- You can demonstrate the outcomes and impact of your entrepreneurial action
- Your impact addresses unjust systems and practices in your area of work
3. Personal qualities of a social entrepreneur
- You are a force for positive change
- You are single-minded and persistent, with a willingness to fail and start again
- You have a bias toward action
- You have a tendency to explore your environment for opportunities and resources
- You have a willingness to take personal, and sometimes financial, risks
- You develop networks and leverage members to pursue mutual goals
- You have apprenticed with the problem* or experienced the problem you are trying to solve
4. The Oxford MBA is critical to your career trajectory
- You can demonstrate why business education is essential in helping to develop your work/impact at this stage
5. Financial need
- You are in a position where the cost of the programme is a significant financial burden
- You can demonstrate the need for the Scholarship (for example, due to previous work experiences or personal circumstances)
How to Apply for The Skoll Scholarship for MBA 2020 IN UK
You need to follow these steps to apply for the Skoll Scholarship 2020
- Connect with us to register your interest in the Scholarship and make sure you’re kept up to date with announcements about upcoming deadlines.
- Apply for the Oxford MBA programme directly to Saïd Business School. You’ll need to do this during stages 1,2, or 3 of the MBA admissions process for the 2020-21 academic year. See the details below on applying for an MBA admissions fee waiver.
- Upload your answers to the Skoll Scholarship essay questions as part of your MBA application, and submit your MBA application! You’ll find the Scholarship essay questions under the “Funding” section of the MBA application. We would advise that you allow yourself about 1-weeks’ time to answer the Skoll Scholarship essay questions.
- The MBA Admissions Team will then assess your application to ensure you meet the academic requirements sought by the Saïd Business School and determine if you are accepted onto the MBA programme or not.
- If you’ve received confirmation that you have been accepted onto the MBA programme, keep an eye on your emails as the Skoll Centre will send you a link to the second part of the Scholarship application, which is a Logistics and Reference Form. See the timelines below to know when to expect this email.
- Complete the Logistics and Reference Form. This consists of a series of short questions about you, how you heard about the Scholarship, your references, etc. Please note, your referees will not be contacted unless you get to the final stages of the selection process.
Also, Apply for Fully-Funded Zhejiang University CSC Scholarship 2020
Deadline for The Skoll Scholarship for MBA 2020 IN UK
You must have completed your application and Apply before 10th, January 2020