The University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) has set up the UCAS Scholarship 2021-2022 for International Students to sponsor young talents all over the world to pursue Master’s or Doctoral degree, or attend courses, conduct research or pay academic visits at UCAS faculties/CAS institutes. The Scholarship also encourages international graduate students currently studying at foreign universities to come for study on joint programs.
The scholarship consists of both a full scholarship and a partial scholarship. The full scholarship provides tuition waiver, monthly stipend, basic accommodation, and medical insurance; while the partial scholarship covers some items of the Full.
UCAS Scholarship 2021 Coverage and Duration
a. Tuition fee exemption by UCAS;
- Doctoral students would be exempted from a tuition fee of RMB 40,000/year.
- Master students would be exempted from a tuition fee of RMB 30,000/year.
- The regular visiting student would be exempted from a tuition fee of RMB 2,600/month.
- Senior visiting students would be exempted from a tuition fee of RMB 3,000/month.
b. Monthly stipend;
UCAS provides a monthly stipend of RMB 2,500 for Doctoral students, senior visiting students, and students on joint programs, and RMB 2,000 for Master students and regular visiting students. In addition, the host supervisor and UCAS faculty/CAS institute (hereinafter referred to as faculty/institute) provide research assistantship for awardees considering their academic performances. The total amounts of monthly stipend will be no less than RMB 3500 for Doctoral students, senior visiting students and students on joint programs, and RMB 3000 for Master students and regular visiting students.
UCAS provides basic accommodation to awardees from faculties/institutes located in Beijing. As for awardees from CAS institutes located outside Beijing, they would be provided with basic accommodation when attending the concentrated study at UCAS, while their host institutes would help to provide accommodation or solve accommodation-related problems when awardees are with them, and the awardees shall pay for relevant expenses as requested by the institutes.
d. Medical Insurance;
The insurance premium is RMB 800/year and RMB 400/half year.
How to apply for UCAS Scholarship?
1. CHECK ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
You should verify that you meet ALL the requirements specified in the “General conditions for applicants” section of this call. You need to find an eligible professor of your interest that agrees to accept you. See here for a list of eligible schools/institutes and supervisors of UCAS. Send an explanatory e-mail together with your CV, research proposal, and other required documents to him/her, and indicate that you wish to apply for the master’s or doctoral program of UCAS Scholarship for International Students. Your supervisor should finish the required procedure illustrated in the email automatically sent to him/her by the UCAS system immediately after your application materials pass the preliminary review by the institute/college with which the supervisor is affiliated.
2. SUBMIT BOTH OF YOUR ADMISSION APPLICATION AND SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION VIA THE ONLINE SYSTEM.
You shall log in to the Online Application System for International Students of UCAS (http://adis.ucas.ac.cn), correctly fill in your personal information, upload authentic documents required for admission (please refer to the calls for doctoral/master/visiting program), and submit your applications for both admission and scholarship.
- All uploaded documents should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. Once translated, the original documents and their notarial translations are required to submit them together to the application system. Please use a scanner to prepare all the required documents in color. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable. Copies are also not acceptable.
- The university has the right to request applicants to provide the original or notarial hard copies of their application documents for further qualification checks if the uploaded documents are insufficient. Applicants shall guarantee all the information and application documents submitted in this application are authentic and accurate, otherwise they will be disqualified from admission.
- Application with incomplete documents, lack of some required documents or wrong personal information will not be processed.
- The applicant cannot apply to more than one institute/school and supervisor.
- Please choose major, host supervisor and host institute cautiously before submission. After enrolment at UCAS, applications for the change of these items are seldom considered.
- Please DO NOT send any hard copy of the application materials directly to the International Students Office of UCAS. None of the application documents will be returned.
- The Chinese Government Scholarship, ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents and UCAS Scholarship for International Students do not request for application processing fee.
- The processing fee is non-refundable in any case.
- Please prepare your application carefully. After submission, none will be returned to you for modifications.
UCAS Scholarship Application Deadline: March 31, 2021
Notification of Decision and Visa Application
The admission decisions will be made normally from May to June. The offers of admissions, award letters, and other documents will be conveyed afterward.
Awardees shall take the following documents to the Embassy or Consulate of the People’s Republic of China, and apply for a student visa (X1/X2 visa):
Please keep safe the original Admission Notice and Visa Application Form (JW202). They are essential in the application for the Permanent Residence Permit upon registration. Please do not apply for a visa waiver or other types of visa.
Search More Scholarships!