University of Melbourne Research Scholarships for academic session 2021-2022 is currently open for applications in all major disciplines and degree programs. Students are requested to submit applications for UMB scholarships by October 2020.
Established in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public-spirited institution that makes distinctive contributions to society in research, learning and teaching and engagement. It’s consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, with international rankings of world universities placing it as number 1 in Australia and number 31 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021).
University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarship Coverage
- Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
- Living allowance of $31,200 per year pro-rata (2020 full-time study rate) for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick maternity and parenting leave.
- Relocation grant of $2000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia
Graduate Research Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for the Australian Graduate Research scholarship by the University of Melbourne, you need to:
- have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne, or be currently enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne
All domestic students who are offered admission to a Masters by Research or doctoral degree (Ph.D.) at the University of Melbourne will receive a Research Training Program Scholarship (Fee Offset).
Graduate Research Scholarships that provide a stipend, as well as fee offset, are awarded to domestic and international students based on academic merit. Eligible applicants are scored and ranked according to their academic achievement of their last completed degree and their research potential in their field of study. Factors such as completion of a degree at the same level of the research course for which the scholarship is sought, relevant professional experience, refereed publications, specialist medical qualifications, or composition of original music may be taken into consideration.
How to apply for a Graduate Research Scholarship by the University of Melbourne?
If you are a new student and have applied for a graduate research course by the application closing date for that course, you will be automatically considered for the Graduate Research Scholarships. You will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to your record within seven days of having submitted your course application.
If you have accepted a graduate research course offer and deferred commencement in order to be reconsidered for a scholarship, you must submit an online application form by 31 October to be considered for a scholarship in the following year. You will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to your record within seven days of having submitted the online form.
If you are currently enrolled in a graduate research course for which you seek a scholarship, you must submit an online application form by 31 October to be considered for a scholarship in the following year. You will receive a notification that a scholarship application ha