To enhance international exchange & cooperation and attract excellent international students to study in Zhengzhou University, the President Scholarship (hereinafter referred to as the scholarship)has been set up to sponsor international postgraduate students to pursue their degree, especially the doctor degree, in Zhengzhou University. The duration of scholarship is 4 years. The coverage of scholarship is shown in the following.
Eligibility Of Zhengzhou University Scholarship
- Non-Chinese citizen, physically healthy, without crime record.
- Abide by the laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China as well as regulations of ZZU.
- Good learning attitude and with a solid academic foundation and intellectual potential to become a highly specialized researcher or expert.
- Requirements for applicant’s degree and age.
- Applicants for doctoral program should havean excellent academic record in a master’s program (for Pakistan applicants, should be 18 years master) or higher degree or equivalent degree, and aged less than 40 years old.
- Requirements for applicant’s language competence.
- Applicants for doctoral programs in Chinese should be HSK 5 scored 210.
- Applicants for doctoral programs in English should be IELTS 6.5 or higher if they are from non-English speaking countries.
Applicants must fill in Application Form and submit the following supporting documents
- CV and Passport.
- Original or notarized copies of degree certificates and complete transcripts of both undergraduate and postgraduate studies (applicants should additionally submit study certificate or employment certificate issued by the applicants’ schools if the applicants are students or employed). Documents in neither Chinese nor English must be attached with a notarized Chinese or English translations.
- The statement of research interest and research proposal. In general, a statement of research interest should include your reasons for undertaking work at ZZU, while a research proposal should include the background, the objectives and the methodology or approach you propose to take in studying the subject matter. The minimum word limit for the proposal is 2000. Proper referencing is needed in the preparation of research proposals. Applicants are strongly suggested to contact their potential supervisor to discuss the research proposal before submission. The result of the plagiarism check will be taken into consideration when the Department, Faculty and Graduate School review the application. The application may be deemed unsuccessful if plagiarized materials are identified.
- Two recommendation letters from professors who know you well, and the letter should have their contact email and phone call number.
- Official score report of HSK, TOEFL, IELTS or other language proficiency tests.
- Physical examination record. Foreigner Physical Examination Form and blood test reports, filled in Chinese or English. It is valid only in 6 months. Please make sure it is still valid when we assess your application.
- Original or notarized copies of certificates of no criminal certificate.
- Other documents, e.g. list of publications, documentary evidence of academic awards and professional qualifications, and summary of relevant experience.
- Visit the website for more information about the program and teaching language： http://international.zzu.edu.cn.
- Prepare all application documents as required in the list of “application documents”. The deadline for PhD program submission is December/January 15 and June 15 for March and September intake respectively.
- Log in on “ZZU Online Application System for International Students” to submit online applications. https://zzu.17gz.org/
Duration and Catagory
Degree: Doctoral Degree
Duration: 4 academic years