The University of Huddersfield (UOH) is providing a great chance to applications for PhD Scholarships in Engineering which is now open to all international students, UK and EU students.
Welcome to The University of Huddersfield (UOH), whatever you aim to do in life, it pays to get a good education. The University of Huddersfield (UOH) is a growing centre of excellence and research and we always push the boundaries of knowledge. We are proud to have been recognized as a gold rated University by the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). The University of Huddersfield (UOH) became the Times Higher Education University of the Year in 2013. And with high standards of learning & teaching and excellent facilities that’s exactly what our students can expect from The University of Huddersfield (UOH).
Benefits of PhD Engineering Scholarships for International Students in the UK
The University of Huddersfield (UOH) is providing the following benefits.
- Three years, full-time PhD programme
- A stipend of worth £14,777 per year (for 2018/19) payable every month
- This Scholarship covers tuition fees for three years
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Engineering Scholarships for International Students in the UK
- This scholarship is open to all International, EU and UK Students.
- Candidates should hold or expect to obtain a First Class or Upper Second Class (2:1) honours degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Applicants will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification, IELTS 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be acceptable.
Visa & Immigration process for International Students to study in the UK
The Immigration and Compliance Team is based in the International Office and provides a comprehensive visa advice service to international students, offering guidance to current and prospective international students. We are happy to guide you whether you’re thinking about joining The University of Huddersfield (UOH), or you’re a current student or you have recently graduated from the University of Huddersfield (UOH).
Further details about that how new students can apply for a visa to study in the UK and other important visa & immigration-related information for current students is given below.
Before you arrive: If you are an international student, and you wish to come to the UK to study for more than six months, you have to apply for a Tier 4 visa. This Tier 4 visa allows a student to study at a specific UK educational institution on a specific course. The student visa should cover the full length of a student’s course and some extra time in the end.
During your study: It is your responsibility to make sure that you have the correct visa to study at The University of Huddersfield (UOH). In order to maintain your immigration rights in the UK, you must continue at all times to meet the terms and conditions of your visa.
Rights and Responsibilities Tier 4 Visa:
- Attend all classes and if any absences report to your school via the Student Portal.
- Make sure that you do not work more than 15 hours per week in the term.
- Check your University email regularly.
- Make sure that your personal email and contact number is always up to date on the student portal.
- Email a scanned copy to the immigration team, if you obtain a new passport.
- Email the immigration team, if you change your visa or immigration category.
- Ensure you do not remain in the UK beyond the expiry of your visa
Deadline for PhD Engineering Scholarships for International Students in the UK
The deadline for application submission is October 2018 for The University of Huddersfield (UOH). As per notice of you can apply online. Please note that late or incomplete applications will not be reviewed.