Sponsored by the Canadian Albert Association, applications are invited for a Scholarship (ASSR) 2024 roundup from international students to study in Canada. These scholarships will be awarded for full-time research fellows (postgrad) and a limited number of undergrad students. Existing since 1994, the A Scholarship (ASSR) Roundup has provided patronage to full-time graduate, undergraduate or post-doctorate female students for their studies in Canada.
Students with contributions towards previous charitable or volunteer work in particular areas via professional, community or civic work will be preferred.
ASSR will support the following:
- Provision of health insurance backed by Sunlife Insurance Company
- Expense on Return flight: US$1000 (Once per anum)
- Patronage for Undergraduate Degree: US$22,000
- Patronage for Master’s/First Professional Degree: US$30,000
- Aegis on Doctoral Degree: US$35,000
- Cost of Books and Literature: US$800 per year
- Allowance of US$1300 for undergraduate students, US$1800 for Masters students, US$2000 for Doctoral students every month
ASSR sponsorship is NOT granted for the following purposes:
- Publication costs of an academic research paper.
- Scholarships-in-aid for under a complete academic year or traveling scholarships.
- Expenditure of research assistants
- The tuition fee for educating a dependent
- Procurement of supplies in the laboratory or during experimentation
- Touring a fellow’s home nation more than once a year
- Prior to overheads, arrears, or repayment of loans
- Ambiguous expenses on conferences and travel
- Institutional (aerial) expenses
A Scholarship (ASSR) 2024 Roundup Session Intake Timeline and Eligibility
The deadline for a Scholarship (ASSR) application submission is May 16, 2024.
The ASSR Grant is presented on the benchmarks and eligibility standards outlined on this page.
- Candidates residing in home nations at the time of application are preferred.
- Assurance of return to home town
- Professional or academic education scores
- Students working as volunteers in the women empowerment sector will be favored.
- A positioned plan for conducting research
- Presentation of feasibility that determines the quality of the positioned plan for research.
- Provision of evidence about previous community services in home town
- Home town’s prerequisites regarding specialized learning or skills
- Monetary need-based requirements for the grant of the sponsorship
- Inspiration from previous relevant work for graduate research
- Candidates affiliated to universities from underrated parts of the nation or universities lacking competent research facilities will be preferred.
Possession of at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a conditional offer letter from a Canadian university by May 16, 2024, is necessary for selection in the ASSR sponsorship in an undergrad program. The same condition lies for masters and doctoral degree applicants; while students applying for the post-doctorate program need to provide an appointment letter from the research laboratory.
The candidates who exhibit commitment, demonstrate academic achievement and a willingness to return to home countries with the motive of becoming front-runners are recipients of the scholarship.