A Motivation Letter, Motivational Letter is a piece of writing all about you. Sometimes also called personal statement or cover letter. These Letter of Motivation plays a very important role in the selection process of the applicant. Always customize motivational letter to the position you are apply for. If you are applying for a job position, make sure to write a dynamic letter of motivation, since you have just few second to impress the recruiter or employer reading it. Keep your motivation letter short, precise, maximum a page, preferably a little bit under it.
General tips for Writing a Motivation Letter for Job interview
- Try to use Short, active sentences-To the point
- Make sure your Motivational letter is line with your Resume, but avoid putting the same information as in CV. You can write aspects about which you can provide further details in your Letter of Motivation.
- Always avoid negative –denying words.
- Carefully go through the name and job description
- Avoid abbreviation and technical phrases.
- Thoroughly check the spelling while writing.
- A motivation letter should not be more than one page. Try to fix it in A4 size single page.
- Take help or ask any friend for proof reading before sending it to employer.
- Always send your CV and Motivation Letter in Pdf format and put your name in the title of Motivation Letter and CV.
Motivation Letter for Bachelors, masters and Ph.d Degree.
If you are writing to get a bachelors, masters or PhD degree , Then the Letter of Motivation should answer the following questions.
- What is your purpose of getting a degree? What will you work after obtaining a degree?
- What way are you going to surf your own country?
- Why are you interested for the given program? Which of the courses or research are particularly beneficial in pursuing your professional goal?( Make sure you are well aware of what are you writing )
- Why do you think you are the right person for this position? What are your achievements and skills related to the program?
- Do you have any relevant professional experience related to the program?
- Have you ever gathered any experience as a volunteer in any NGO, student club, or any other organization?
- How do you estimate your own personality?
- Why do you want to study in that university or country?
Make sure your Letter of Motivation is well written and it includes all these area mentioned in the above question. Never write it in rush, take your time and do it perfectly. First reflect on all these questions, think about it study more, talk with friends and gather more ideas. Make an outline. do brainstorming and then write it down.
Motivation Letter Format
Dear Prof. [name],
I am writing to inform you of my interest in the Masters of Arts [name] program at [university name].
I currently hold my Bachelor’s of Arts in Art History [subject] from the University of [name], having graduated with cum laude with a GPA of 3.82 [grade]. After attending the University of [name], I completed a 3 month internship at the National Gallery in London (GB) followed by a 6 months internship at the Museum of Modern Art in New York (USA).
During my studies and internships I developed a deep interest in Italian Art, with a particular focus on artists form the 17th century. Having worked under the supervision of Prof. [name] at the National Gallery enabled me to get a very deep understanding of [specific subject] and I see the Masters of Arts [name] program at [university name] as a unique opportunity to intensify my knowledge and continue my studies.
Given my education and experience from [university name], National Gallery and Museum of Modern Art, I am confident that I am an excellent fit for the Masters of Arts [name] program at [university name]. I have researched the program and determined that the coursework and research profile of the college are a strong match. I’m particularly impressed by the volumes of [name] books in the university’s library, which are of particular interest for me and which I would love to study in great detail.
If you have any further questions, please contact me using the information at the top of this letter.