In order to recruit outstanding international students to study at Northwestern Polytechnical University. NPU setups NPU President Scholarships. The scholarships are of great importance in stimulating the international students’ spirit of knowledge innovation and potentials in various aspects as well as promoting cultural exchanges between China and other foreign countries.
The “NPU President Scholarship” is leveled into “Excellence Scholarship”, “Full Scholarship” and “Partial Scholarship”.
- The “Excellence Scholarship” winners are exempt from tuition, accommodation, insurance, and living allowances are provided. The standard of living allowance is: 1,500 yuan for undergraduate students (CNY, the same below) / month / person; 2,000 yuan / month / person for master’s degree; 3,500 yuan / month / person for doctoral students.
- The “Full Scholarship” winners are exempt from tuition.
- The “Partial Scholarship” winners are exempt from 50% tuition.
Please be noted that once you choose the type of scholarship, the type cannot be changed to the lower level of scholarship after the scholarship interview.
Eligibility of Applicants
Eligibility of Applicants for “NPU President Scholarship”:
- Undergraduate Scholarship Application Conditions
1.1 Applicants should comply with Chinese laws and regulations, respect Chinese customs and habits and abide by the regulations and disciplines of the NPU.
1.2 When applicants whose native language is not English apply for English medium, he/she must provide proof of English level within the validity period, such as IELTS 5.5 (no less than 5 points for each part) and above, or TOEFL 70 (no less than 15 points for each part) and above; applicants who apply for Chinese medium must provide proof of the HSK within the validity period and must reach Level 4 and above. If the native language is Chinese or English, the requirement for a certificate will be exempted upon approval.
1.3 Those who are studying for a bachelor’s degree in China must graduate from high school and at least 18 years old. In principle, applicants are supposed to be no more than 25 years old and in a good health condition.
1.4 Applicants have an excellent performance in high school, with an average score of no less than 80(100 percentage system, other points can be converted into a percentage system) or B+/B (level system).
- Graduate Scholarship Application Conditions
2.1 Applicants should comply with Chinese laws and regulations, respect Chinese customs and habits and abide by the regulations and disciplines of the NPU.
2.2 When applicants whose native language is not English apply for English medium, he/she must provide proof of English level within the validity period, such as IELTS 6.0 (no less than 5 points for each part) and above, or TOEFL 75 (no less than 15 points for each part) and above; applicants who apply for Chinese medium must provide proof of the HSK within the validity period and must reach Level 5 and above. If the native language is Chinese or English, the requirement for a certificate will be exempted upon approval.
2.3 Those who apply for a master’s degree in China must have a bachelor’s degree. The age of applicants is not more than 35 years old. Those who come to China for a doctoral degree must have a master’s degree. In principle, they must be no more than 40 years old and in a good health condition.
2.4 Graduated from a prestigious university (in principle, the comprehensive university ranking or professional ranking ranked in the top ten in the country), and applicants should have excellent academic performance.
2.5 Applicants have outstanding achievements or have great research potential in his field of work or study.
If the above applicants are particularly excellent, the requirement for age can be relatively flexible.
Subjects offered in NPU China Scholarship
- Master’s and Doctor’s
Application Procedure and Documents requirement
- Finish the online application with the link http://admission.nwpu.edu.cn/en/index
- Physical Examination form
- Notarized highest diploma
- Academic transcripts
- Apply for Bachelor’s: Recommendation Letter from high school.
Apply for Master’s and Doctor’s: Recommendation Letter from two professors.
- Study plan
- Applicants should have good academic marks
- Certificate of English/Chinese proficiency
- A copy of a valid passport
- Application Deadline and Attention
Deadline: May 15th, 2024
- Application fee: 600RMB or 100USD
- The Committee conducts an annual review of the winners of the NPU President Scholarship. Any of the following cases of the winners will lead to the cancellation of the scholarship, and could result in losing tuition waiver if the cases are too serious:
(1) absence and leaves (including sick leaves and personal leaves) from lessons adding up to 10 class hours;
(2) absence from or cheat on exams;
(3) disciplinary punishment of warning or above. Students who have passed the review keep their scholarships
- The students who passed the review can retain their scholarship for the next year.