The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) 2021-2022 is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a Master’s programme at the University of Twente. The scholarships which will be offered to the candidates will be Kipaji Scholarship and Professor de Winter Scholarship.
Financial Support of University Twente Scholarship (UTS)
Become one of the most promising University of Twente students. Exclusive opportunity to take part in an intake for one of the three honors programmes: Research honors, Design honors, or Change leaders.
University Twente Scholarship (UTS) provides the following benefits.
- € 3,000 – € 25,000 for one year (approximately 50 scholarships available).
- If you have applied for a two-year programme, you will receive the same amount for the other year as well
Also, Apply for Netherlands Scholarship – Radboud University
Cost of living in Netherlands
- Housing: €5.000
- Books & supplies: €500
- Bank account: €50
- Food: €2.500
- Transportation: €600
- Other (clothing etc.): €800
- Bicycle: €125
- Insurance (optional for EU/EEA students (*)): €480
- Entry visa/residence permit (Non-EU/EEA students only): €192
- Some study programs require extra study material, possibly a laptop
Master’s Programme of University Twente Scholarship (UTS)
- Communication Studies
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Business Information Technology
- Business Administration
- Biomedical Engineering
- Applied Physics
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Human Media Interaction
- Health Sciences
- European Studies
- Environmental and Energy Management
- Embedded Systems
- Systems and Control
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Public Administration
- Educational Science and Technology
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Computer Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- Mechanical Engineering
- Internet Science & Technology
- Electrical Engineering
TWO-YEAR Study Programme of University Twente Scholarship (UTS)
In the case of a two-year study programme, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year to cover the expenses of the second year. However, the scholarship will only be continued during the second year when students meet the process requirements for the UTS.
You must have obtained:
- An average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year
- At least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year
Eligibility to apply for University Twente Scholarship (UTS)
In order to be eligible for the University of Twente Scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below
- Application for a University of Twente Scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first.
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying University of Twente Master programmes starting in the academic year 2021 (September). Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
- You must have a student number.
- You have not graduated from a UT (under)graduate programme;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study loan;
- The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 % of your class
HOW TO APPLY FOR UNIVERSITY OF TWENTE SCHOLARSHIP 2020
Application deadline – round 1:
- Application form opens per 15 October 2020, 09.00 CET
- Application forms close per 1 February 2021
Application deadline – round 2:
- Application form opens per 1 February 2021, 16.00 CET
- Application form closes per 1 May 2021
If you applied in round 1, and your application was rejected, an application in round 2 is not considered.
You can only be awarded one University of Twente scholarship.
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN UNIVERSITY OF TWENTE SCHOLARSHIP, YOU SHOULD MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS. Click the LINK Below & CHECK THE REQUIREMENTS AND APPLY!
An additional scholarship can be awarded to UTS recipients (only for programmes starting in September 2021)
Kipaji Scholarship offered by the University of Twente
You need to apply for a University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) in order to be eligible for a Kipaji Scholarship.
This scholarship has additional requirements. Please make sure you check the information on the Kipaji Scholarship programme.
BEFORE YOU APPLY, PLEASE READ THE REQUIREMENTS.
You have to apply for a Master’s programme first. Once you applied for a Master’s programme and received a (conditional) admission letter, you can apply for the scholarship with your student number.
Deadline for the University of Twente Scholarship
The last date to apply for the University of Twente scholarship 2021 academic year is 1st February 2021 and 1st May 2021.
Search More Scholarships!